Sunday, May 25, 2008

Worst migraine ever!



I have no idea what's going on. I woke up Saturday morning super early to go take my government general competencies test for this new job I've applied for. I felt great, I had a tasty banana milkshake for breakfast and biked 5 miles to the testing area and biked home afterwards. I'm happy to report, this kid kicked some major butt! I should be getting the results soon but I paid such close attention to details (therein lied the traps) that I know I got 98-100%.

Anyway, I got home... made some of that curried carrot soup and I fell asleep shortly after (afternoon naps = mmmm). I woke up with the most splitting headache! I also had a fever and basically felt like I had been hit by a car. I figured maybe I was dehydrated from the bike ride so I had 2L of lemon-water.... nothing.

I went to bed with that vice on my head hoping I could sleep it off. No such luck, I woke up today at noon and my head was hurting just as much. I refuse to pop a tylenol. Off I went trying to find some natural remedies. The best so far is this roll-on I got in Vancouver when I was a flight attendant; all natural aromatherapy cure. It works GREAT usually... but this headache is of epic proportions. I'll need to order more of this stuff... I'm almost out and it normally always does the trick for headaches.

I tried acupressure on the webbed parts of my hand... and... I looked up "migraine" in Louise Hay's book only to find this quote "Often masturbation relieves the headache"..... I personally think that might have to do with the release of endorphins. :)

I have no idea where this came from. I have a fever of 100.1 which is high for a raw vegan whose body temperature is usually 2 degrees below standard.

I have a feeling I won't be going to work tomorrow. Sigh. I hope this isn't the flu....

So far today;

3L water+lemon
1.5L grapefruit+acai
2 nori rolls (I barely kept that down)

Probably will have some strawberries later...

- Ben

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read that bananas and avocados can trigger migraines due to something in them called tyramine. You should google it.. i hope you feel better!

Hanlie said...

That sounds dreadful! I hope you feel better soon!

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Oh, so sorry. Hope you feel better soon.
XO
Pixy Lisa

Kristen's Raw said...

I hope you feel better, I know from experience that migraines can be awful.

Anonymous said...

Excedrin migraine. 45 min later u r feeling no pain. I'm sorry u don't take meds but if u don't want 2 lose a day's pay I promise u this will work. And the maturbation helps 2!!! Fyi! U also cud try a cup of coffee, excedrin migraine is tylenol, asprin and caffeine....