Sunday, May 4, 2008

Well... that's enough to lose my apetite!

I woke up this morning and went straight to the Vita-mix to make some tasty “frozen grape yogurt”. Luckily, everyone in the family was up because the Vita-mix can sound like a lawnmower sometimes. I sat down in the living room with my dad and started eating my tasty creation whilst joking that I was having “ice cream” for breakfast. I then realized, instead of the “World Fishing Network” my dad was watching some hunting channel. When I saw the rednecks on the tele shoot down a majestic and noble moose, I gave my dad such a dirty look. It was a look that said: “seriously… you’re watching this in the presence of your staunchly vegan son?” Suddenly I saw him reach for the remote control and I was momentarily relieved that he realized how inappropriate this was…. And then he changed the channel to the World Fishing Network. Oy vey!

Luckily I was heading home early today. I spent most of the rest of the day vegging and cleaning. I can’t wait until next weekend; I plan to do NOTHING all weekend. Sleep, stay in bed most of the day… and possibly make tons of stuff in the dehydrator. I made another “Happy Fig and Date square” tonight. Yum yum. I warmed it up in the dehydrator and realized… 118F isn’t all that warm. Nonetheless, it was tasty! I’ve posted the recipe on “A crunchy conspiracy” so enjoy!
I plan to meditate more in the coming weeks and very consciously doing affirmations while meditating. I’m noticing some changes in my skin already and I want to continue allowing myself to accept my natural state of good health.

Today I had:

1.5L Frozen grape yogurt
4 applesMarinated baby bok choi and shitake mushroom salad
A few flax crackers
Ben’s version of Fattoush with creamy sweet garlic dressing
2 pieces of Happy Date & Fig squares

I can’t get enough of that Fattoush salad. It’s a good thing I’m single because I bet I have very garlic-y breath afterwards hehehe. Hence, I only eat it for dinner when I’m not about to see anyone. Don’t worry… this one will make it into the ebook.
Tschüss!!
- Ben

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

Oh I love garlic!! It's so good for you :) YUM!