Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mmmmm banana milkshakes!

The highlight of Monday was waking up and having a tasty banana/almond smoothie. Very tasty indeed! I managed to recreate the exact taste (okay… almost!) of the vegan version I used to have often. The vegan version was simple; soy milk, roasted almond butter, bananas, cinnamon, cloves, agave. The raw version is also simple: almond milk, bananas (more to make up for the thickness of soy), raw almond butter, cloves, cinnamon, agave. Suuuper tasty way to start the day.

Tuesday, on the other hand, I woke up realizing I didn’t really have anything to make ‘breakfast food’ out of. Solution? Nori rolls! I know it sounds crazy, but nori rolls in the morning was freakin’ brilliant! Loved it! I had tons of energy throughout the day too!

I went to the chiro on Monday and my arm got popped back into place. A rib was also not in its exact right spot; that had to move too. My neck was also part of the problem so it got a good crunch. It was actually pretty painful but I felt much better after and had regained full use of my right arm. Yay!

I’m toying with the idea of using some leftover steroid cream right now. I have a few spots of P that have become angry in the folds near my armpit and I have spots that have completely eaten up my nipples. Those are the most painful right now. It’s tempting to think that steroid creams could fix that real quick… but do I want to undo much of the detox progress I’ve done through juice feasting? Sigh. We’ll see. I know that I’m still healing because I see improvements in my arms and legs. But I’m noticing it’s getting worse in the chest area. I’m going to try to hold off and see how Friday’s session with my therapist goes.

I definitely need to do more affirmations. I’m doing really good on that front though… I think!

Monday I had:

Tasty almond/banana shake
¼ watermelon
Spinach & Strawberry salad
Fattoush (of course!)
Dates

Tuesday I had:

Nori rolls
Spring salad
Larabar – cocoa
Dates
Zucchini noodles with top secret pesto
Strawberries

Lisa asked me if my fattoush recipe would make it into the ebook. The answer is yes. I've been perfecting this recipe since last summer and it's perfect! The reason why I love this salad so much is because it's very tasty, it has tons of alkalizing veggies in it AND it has the perfect ratio of upward reaching veggies, crawling veggies and root veggies from a detox point of view. Technically, when you make a salad, for every root vegetable, you should have 3 above ground vegetables.... Or so I read in Dr Pagano's book. :)

Well that's all for now! :)

- Ben

2 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Yeah! I'm glad the fattoush recipe is making it in the ebook. I'm going to have to try the banana milkshake. I might have to leave out the cloves tho, I've never liked them much.
XO
Pixy Lisa

Michelle said...

Hey Ben, Thanks so much for your sweet comments lately on my blog. You always make me smile and give me that warm, happy feeling. You are such a sweetie.

So what gives? When will this book be ready? You are making me drool on a daily basis so I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on your masterpiece!

Much love
xoMichellexo