Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Do-nothing weekend

I'm so late on my posts... but here goes. This weekend was uneventful and that was the whole point. I purposely did nothing all weekend. That being said, I probably should have gotten around to loading the dishwasher. Sheesh!

I was cutting vegetables for my salad on Sunday and I realized that... I have no idea how I worked two jobs for so long. I am soooo grateful for my weekends, now that I have them! :)

I played a bit more with that marinated salad recipe. It still needs a few minor tweaks (not to mention, I need to get around to writing down what the hell I keep doing). It never ceases to amaze me how I can create recipes out of thin air and then remember every single thing I did without ever writing it down. The only annoying part about this is when I do get around to writing it down, I have to turn my "guesstimate measurements" into actual measurements. I'm not big on measuring cups and stuff when I'm in the kitchen. The only exception to that was baking... because baking is a science in that way.

I decided one of the main things I need to work on is making some flax crackers and some buckwheat cereal. I'm pretty sure I can manage to find some buckwheat that isn't toasted in one of the health food stores in this city.

Here's a few highlights of what I ate over the weekend :

Cilantro smoothie
Herbed marinated salad
Fattoush salad (of course!)
Nori rolls (with one hell of a tasty pecan/nama shoyu sauce)
Avocado
Bananas
Cashews
Dates
Broccoli Mash + miso gravey (from Ani Phyo's cookbook... one word... DISGUSTING! I was blown away at how gross this was.... I think I was never a fan of raw broccoli to begin with, so this probably didn't help. Darn!
More Fattoush! :)

Oh... side note; I woke up Sunday after having a nightmare about 1 bully that picked on me a lot in high school and 1 flight attendant that I really didn't get along with. I was on a bus with these two people; I just remember not wanting to be on that bus at all. I woke up and couldn't move my right arm at all. I had this really intense pain in my shoulder. Apparently I was angry. I tried to release it as much as I could but the pain stayed. Luckily my chiro fixed me up the next day; more on that tomorrow.

- Ben

2 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Wow. Some dream!

loulou said...

i'm intrigued by the physical pain after your awful dream. the meaning of the dream is pretty straightforward but the physical output is a bit freaky.
and damn! i had heard great things about ani's broccoli mash and was going to make it. but now i'm not so sure :(