Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday fun


I can't believe it's already Friday. I'm really happy that I can now rejoice and be happy with my coworkers about the concept of Fridays. I used to be resentful whenever coworkers would wish me a "good weekend" when I used to work weekends. It's as if it reinforced "oh yea... how lovely... I get to work all fucking weekend". I guess I was getting burnt out; it's typical to be resentful when you're burnt out.

I did a lot of biking today. There was a really important event going on at head office and they needed something from our office post-haste. I decided to act as a bike-messenger and bike over and bring it to them. Later we were invited to the event so I biked back to head office. Luckily I got to leave work a bit early.

I had the most amazing salad today... mostly because I came up with a REALLY amazing salad dressing. I'm saving this one for the e-cookbook which is materializing a lot faster than I ever could imagine. I'm using my affirmations to make it so. :)

Tomorrow I'm going down to wakefield (about 45 minutes outside the city) to visit my parents. I'll be bringing my own food over. And my vitamix! I can't leave the house without this thing anymore. You know you're a rawfoodist when, eh? :)

Today I had:

1.5L nutty banana milkshake
A few dried figs

half a watermelon
3 larabars (seriously... binge eating eh? Whatever... they're not "bad" for you or anything...right?)

Spinach salad with bold strawberry dressing

Zucchini noodles with Ben's tasty pesto :)


Damn that pesto is good! :) Expensive... but good! :)

Has anyone ever had black truffle mushrooms? Are they worth the 50$ or whatever they sell for?

- Ben :)

2 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Please hurry with your e-books! I want one!!!!!!
XO
Pixy Lisa

Lisa said...

Hey Ben, I tried to watch the free Louise Hay movie yesterday but my computer's a bit of a dud, and didn't have enough space to upload it. Then today I got home in time to watch Ophra (yes... I'm an Oprah geek) and WHA'DO'YA'NO!! Louise Hay was on - freaky or what!? LOL
She appeared so serene, like a wise owl. I got good messages from the show about manifestation and self-love. An awesome syncronicity. :-)

PS have you seen Peaceful Warrior yet?